Thursday, October 25, 2007

Lack of sleep

Since the breakup, I haven't been able to sleep past 4:30 am. Most of the time I seem to snap awake around 4:10, and then I simply can't fall back to sleep. It doesn't matter when I go to bed. My usual bedtime is 11:30-ish and I get up around 6:00, which, when things are fine, is plenty of sleep for me.

I was at a conference for work in Connecticut last week, and even on the final night, when a group of us went to dinner and then out for drinks and a dwindling number of hearty souls stayed out until 2:30, I still couldn't sleep past 5:30. And a few hours after that I had the travel day from hell trying to get home.

But four or five hours doesn't cut it. This has been going on for thirteen days, and I'm feeling run down and exhausted. Something needs to change.

No comments: