Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Less than two weeks to go!

I know, I've been shamefully lax in updating this thing lately. I recently had to start back to work again full time (logged 270 miles in the car today for two meetings where I had to make presentations -- it wasn't a lot of fun, I'm not much of a travel guy). It's a necessary evil for now, but it has completely thrown my schedule out of whack. I'm still reeling from all the recent life changes (and there are others that I'm not going to get into here, this is not a confessional kind of blog). So the first things to go were the blog and updating my website.

However, the final copy of the book came today and it's cool as hell! The matte finish and embossing look incredible, and they changed the map so that it now covers two pages across the spread, so it's much easier to read than the version in the ARC.

Publication date is two weeks from yesterday. Let the countdown begin!

I also need to add a couple of reviews to my website for the second and third books in R. Scott Bakker's Prince of Nothing trilogy. Really good stuff. Not without flaws, but still very top notch fantasy. I will try to get something out there in the next week.

2 comments:

David M Gordon said...

Hi, David,

I wish and hope for you all the success in the world. And that your maiden voyage as writer becomes so successful that you can leave behind the rocky shoals of the work-a-day world.

Godspeed,
David

Simon Haynes said...

Best of luck with the launch and subsequent publicity & sales. Exciting times ahead ;-)